Book Maths for CDS Entrance Exams presents a variety of objective type questions with their solutions, and also new questions to help students understand the latest exam pattern and the latest trend of questions asked in recent exams Are included.
These additional questions and their solutions are provided at the end of each chapter.
Table of Contents
Here, in this article we will try to provide you with the free pdf cds maths book pdf download link. Aspirants can download the book from the below available link. It is highly recommended to the students to refer to a hard copy of this book that can be bought online or offline as suitable.
CDS PDF for Maths by Agarwal, CDS download maths book pdf in hindi; Are you preparing for Combined Defense Services (CDS)? Are you looking for the best book for C.D.S preparation? If yes, then you are at right place as we have brought some latest CDS. Book PDF for all of you today. After a long time some students have come to this C.D.S. Maths Book PDF is available. So today we are going to do this CDS. Maths Book PDF in Hindi is available to all of you through our cracksarkariexam.com website. Suppose you are preparing for Combined Defense Services like UPSC CDS, NDA/NA and other competitive exams.
CDS Maths Book PDF Before we provide you a book to prepare for C.D.S, you should get some important information about C.D.S; The Combined Defense Services (CDS) exam is conducted twice a year in February and September to recruit a number of technical and non-technical officers into the defense services. This book is specially designed for C.D.S. Examination.
CDS For Mathematics by RS Aggarwal
CDS For Mathematics by RS Agarwal, the PDF is divided into three sections and sub-categorized into different subjects. In the first part, you will get to read the subject of Mathematics, which is very useful for any competitive exam. After that in the second part you will see some introductory chapters of English like Spotting the errors, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Phrases etc. After that in the third part you will get to read the information related to General. Awareness. In this way, you will be able to prepare for your exam properly with this book.
- CDS Previous Year Papers pdf download | PDF Download Question Papers of 2014,15,16,17,18,19,20 , 2021
- UPSC CDS Books – Subject-wise Best Books
- CDS maths book PDF | Mathematics for cds by RS Aggarwal pdf download
- CDS Syllabus 2020 – 2021 UPSC CDS Syllabus PDF Download
- CDS Exam Pattern 2021 , 2022
- UPSC CDS 2 recruitment 2020-Download Syllabus for CDS 2 Recruitment 2021
Key features of cds math’s book pdf
- It contains fully solved examples with detailed explanations.
- Plenty of questions for practice with solutions.
- There are references of questions asked in various Competitive Examinations, on memory basis.
आप यहाँ पर ईयर बुक 2023 फ्री में सुन सकते हैं
You can listen to the year book here for free
About mathematics for cds book pdf
- Book Name –CDS mathematics pdf
- Format- PDF
- Size- mb
- Pages- 763
- Language- English
Contents of cds mathematics pdf
- H.C.F and L.C.M of numbers
- Decimal Fractions
- Square roots
- Ratio and Proportion
- Profits and loss
- Unitary method
- Time and work
- Time and distances
- Problems on ages
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Volume and surface area
- Basic operations and factorizations
- H.C.F and L.C.M of polynomials
- Linear equations
- Quadratic equations
- Rational expressions
- Surds and indices
- Set theory
- Simple trigonometric identities
- Use of trigonometric tables
- Simple cases of heights and distances
- Lines and angles
- Plane and plane figures
- Properties of angles at a point
- Sides and angles of a triangle
- Congruence of triangles
- Similar triangles
- Concurrence of medians and altitudes
- Properties of angles
- Sides and diagonals of a parallelogram
- Rectangle and square
- Circles and its properties including tangents and normal and Loci
- Coordinate geometry
- Statistical data
- Data interpretations
- Additional Questions with Answers
CDS 2023 Mathematics Preparation Highlights
- CDS is a one-day exam. As the CDS exam along with English and General Knowledge paper, The Mathematics paper will be scheduled on the same day.
- There are 100 questions in this paper.
- The duration of this paper is 2 hours.
- The marking scheme of each question of CDS exam is 1 mark for each correct attempt and -0.33 for each wrong attempt.
- There will be no deduction in of marks CDS exam for unattempted questions.
Check Here:CDS 2022 Selection Process
CDS Mathematics PDF Book Detail Syllabus 2023
As announced by UPSC, the syllabus of CDS Elementary Mathematics consists of 7 sections namely Number System, Elementary Number Theory, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry, Mensuration and Statistics.
|Natural numbers||Integers||Rational and Real Number|
|Square Roots||Decimal fractions||Unitary method|
|Time and Work||Percentages||Applications to simple and compound Interest|
|Ratio and Proportion||Variations||Profit and Loss|
|Time and distance||Division||Fundamental Operations|
Elementary Number Theory
|Division algorithm||Prime and composite numbers|
|Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11||Multiples and factors|
|Factorization Theorem||H.C.F. and L.C.M.|
|Euclidean algorithm||Logarithms to base 10|
|Laws of logarithms||Use of logarithmic tables|
|Basic Operations||Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions|
|Simple Factors||Simultaneous linear inequalities in two variables and their solutions|
|Remainder Theorem||Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequalities in two variables or quadratic equations in one|
|Theory of Polynomials||Set Language and set notation|
|HCF & LCM||Relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots will be considered)|
|Solutions of quadratic equations||Variable & their solutions|
|Law of Indices||Rational Expressions and Conditional Identities|
|Areas of squares||Rectangles|
|Parallelograms||Triangle and Circle|
|Areas of figures which can be split up into smaller figures||Surface area and volume of cuboids|
|Lateral Surface, Area and volume of spheres||Volume of Right Circular Cones, cylinders and Surface|
- Collection and Tabulation of Statistical Data
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Graphical Representation Frequency Polygons
- Bar charts
Check Here: CDS 201 Eligibility Criteria in detail
CDS 2023 Expected Number of Questions
|Topics||Level of difficulty||Number of Questions|
|Mensuration||Moderate||13 – 15|
|Geometry||Moderate to Difficult||11 – 15|
|Time, Speed and Distance||Moderate||6|
|Simple Interest/ Compound interest||Easy||2 – 5|
|Algebra||Moderate to Difficult||7 – 10|
|Percentage||Easy-Moderate||2 – 4|
|Time and Work||Moderate||5|
|Ratio and Proportion||Moderate||2|
|Profit and Loss||Moderate||1|
|DI and DS||Moderate||3|
To know other sections, Check CDS 2022 syllabus and Exam Pattern
How to Prepare for CDS 2023 Mathematics By CDS Mathematics pdf
How to Prepare
In order to crack CDS, candidates must aim to score at least 65 marks in Elementary Mathematics paper.
Any candidate preparing for CDS 2021 from this section they can easily expect 15 to 20 questions . It can be said that almost this section constitutes about 15% of this paper. So candidates need to pay attention to every concept and method. Some easy tips to solve and prepare for number system:
Candidates can use NCERT books up to class 10th to clear the concept of Number System and it will help in completing the syllabus of CDS Number System as well.
- Solve at least 50 questions per day on this topic ranging from easy to high level of difficulty.
- The candidates need to focus on the questions related to HCF and LCM, finding out the product of the unit’s location and numbers.
Expected Number of Questions:
Basics of Number System: 5 Questions
LCM & HCF : 3 Qs
Serd & Index : 2 Qs
BODMAS : 3 Qs
Factor: 4 Qs
Elementary number theory
The things you should learn are Sum of natural numbers, Sum of squares, Sum of cubes, Divisibility tests and HCF and LCM along with some important formulas.
17 – 20 questions out of 100 questions come from algebra. Basic operations, simple factors and remainder theorems are good topics to start preparing for algebra. Some tips and tricks to solve algebra problems faster:
Firstly, you should opt for easier methods, especially when you are practicing at home.
Sometimes in case of a lot of questions, taking variables can help as well as it can provide you a shortcut way to solve the problem in less time than it usually takes.
You must memorize all the important algebra formulas. At the very least you need to remember the logic behind the formulas so that when needed you can use logic instead of wasting time during the exam.
To master this topic, practice several different familiar types of questions. Once you start solving similar topics and previous years questions, it will give a rough idea of your progress and the logic behind the problems.
Check out CDS 2021 Preparation Tips
Around 10-15 questions were asked from Trigonometry section in CDS Mathematics paper. Thus, the weightage of trigonometry in UPSC CDS exam is around 12-15%.
Some basic tips that you can follow while preparing for Mathematics:
- Although trigonometric ratios are more important, you should also know trigonometric identities.
- In the questions of height and distance, you should keep in mind the form of angle (angle of elevation or angle of depression) given in the particular question.
- Practice language-based questions that will help you with altitude and distance problems.
Geometry is one of the most important sections of mathematics. CDS Mathematics paper consists of 15 – 20 questions from Geometry section. The geometry section can be divided into three subsections such as coordinate geometry; properties of lines and angles; and properties of triangles, circles, rectangles, squares etc.
Some of the topics practiced in parallel with coordinate geometry are circles, parallel lines, and triangles, with great emphasis on the congruence and similarity of triangles.
Write down the geometry formulas on a piece of paper and stick them on the wall where you can see them regularly. This will help you remember them.
Don’t waste your time trying to solve it right away, If you are stuck with a geometry question,. Instead, move on with the others and come back to that question when you’re done with the rest.
Mensuration actually deals with problems related to measurement involving columns, areas, lengths etc. From this topic, 13 to 15 questions are expected in CDS II 2021 exam.
- Clear your concepts about 2D and 3D dimensions and their related shapes.
- Most measurements are in decimal or require complex calculations. Due to haste, one can easily miscalculate them or make silly mistakes.
- Questions that involve calculating the cost of fences, floors, painting, etc. usually require a percentage increase or decrease in the measurement meter mentioned in the question or a figure inscribed within another figure, etc.
- Always remember the most important and essential formula. Most of the time, formulas can shorten the calculation or sometimes even simplify the problem.
View Complete UPSC CDS 2021 Exam Dates
In CDS II 2021, maximum 8 questions can be expected from Statistics. It is quite easy if you have a clear concept. Statistics can be divided into three parts: General Statistics Terms, Frequency Distributions and Data Interpretations.
In General Statistics Terms, candidates should prepare for mean, median, mode, variance and standard deviation.
In case of frequency distribution, candidates basically need to understand some important components like class, class limit, class frequency and mean of frequency distribution etc.
Data representation refers to the given set of data in various forms such as pie chart, tabular form, bar chart, etc. There is no fixed formula for data representation. These types of questions basically require calculation of average, percentage, ratio and other types of data given.
We are sorry that we are not able to provide PDF download link of this book due to copyright material and infringement. Visitors can easily buy this book from the above link.
Friends, if you need any e-book PDF related to any subject or subject and need any help and inquiry related to the exam, then you can comment below. We will reply you as soon as possible.
Disclaimer: Books owned by Sarkari Results ERA are neither PDF, created nor scanned. We only provide links already available in internet and google drive. If in any way it violates the law or has any problem, please request to remove the link by mailing us at sarkariresultsera.gmail.com.
Comment for any feedback and questions.
Dear Students, We are sharing Study Material PDF of Mathematics, GK and English Subjects for UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) CDS(Combined Defence Services) Exam. These Notes/Books are very useful for this examination.
GK Notes PDF for CDS in English:
Click Here to Download Complete GK Study Notes(History, Grography, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Banking System in India, Physics, Chemistry and Biology) PDF for CDS Exam
Maths Notes PDF for CDS in English:
Click Here for Mathematics for CDS By R S Aggarwal PDF Free Download
Click Here to Download More Maths Book for CDS Exam
English Notes PDF for CDS:
Click Here to Download English Vocab Study Notes PDF for CDS Exam
GK Notes PDF for CDS in Hindi:
Click Here to Download Geography Notes PDF in Hindi for CDS Exam
Click Here to Download Polity Notes PDF in Hindi for CDS Exam
Click Here to Download History Notes PDF in Hindi for CDS Exam
Click Here to Download Science Notes PDF in Hindi for CDS Exam