Update Updated By- Pooja Yadav
To appear for SSB interview, candidates have to pass the CDS written test. In this article, we have provided you detailed UPSC CDS 2020 syllabus which will help you in preparing for CDS exam.
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2022-2023
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2023: The CDS (Joint Defense Service) examination is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). There are two stages of selection in CDS – Written Examination and SSB Interview. The upsc cds sarkari result for the written examination is based on 3 subjects, English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics.
To appear for SSB interview, candidates have to pass the CDS written test.
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Frequency of Exam||Twice in a year, February and November|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Selection Process||Written, SSB Interview|
|After Selection||Training at IMA/OTA/INA/AFA|
|Exam Duration||One day|
UPSC CDS is organized to facilitate admission to Indian Naval Academy (INA), Indian Military Academy (IMA), Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy (OTA). Before going into the details of UPSC CDS syllabus, we should review the exam on sarkari result cds syllabus:
Table of Contents
UPSC CDS Syllabus For Elementary Math’s
Elementary Mathematics includes the basic subjects of High School Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, Trigonometry and Mensuration. Check out the detailed subject wise syllabus from below:
CDS 2021 – 2022 Mathematics Syllabus – Arithmetic
The arithmetic section basically tests your knowledge of number system, elementary number theory and other basic concepts given below:
- – Basic Operations ( Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division)
- – Number Series (Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers)
- – Square Roots, Decimal Fractions
- – Unitary Method
- – Time and Distance
- – Time and Work
- – Percentage
- – Applications to Simple and Compound Interest
- – Profit and Loss
- – Ratio and Proportion
- – Variation
- – Division Algorithm
- – Prime and Composite Numbers
- – Tests of Divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11
- – Multiples and Factors
- – Factorization
- – Theorems
- – Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- – Lowest Common Multiple (LCM)
- – Euclidean Algorithm
- – Logarithms to Base 10
- – Laws of Logarithms
- – Use of Logarithmic Tables
CDS Mathematics Syllabus 2021 – Algebra
- – Simple Factors
- – Remainder Theorem
- – Highest Common Factor
- – Lowest Common Multiple
- – Theory of Polynomials
- – Solutions of Quadratic Equations
- – The relation between Quadratic Equation Roots and Coefficients
- – Simultaneous Linear Equations- Analytical and Graphical Solutions
- – Simultaneous Linear Inequations in Two Variables and their Solutions
- – Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable and their solutions
- – Set Language and Set Notation
- – Rational Expressions
- – Conditional Identities
- – Laws of Indices
CDS Mathematics Syllabus – Geometry
- – Lines and Angles, Plane and Plane Figures, Theorems on Properties of Angles at a Point
- – Parallel Lines
- – Sides and Angles of a Triangle
- – Congruency of Triangles
- – Similar Triangles
- – The concurrence of Medians and Altitudes
- – Properties of Angles, Sides, and Diagonals of a Parallelogram, Rectangle, and Square
- – Circles and its Properties Including Tangents and Normals
- – Loci
UPSC CDS 2021 Mathematics Syllabus- Statistics
- – Collection and Tabulation of Statistical Data
- – Graphical Representation
- – Frequency Polygons
- – Histograms
- – Bar Charts
- – Pie Charts
- – Measures of Central Tendency
CDS Mathematics Syllabus – Trignometry
- – Sin x, Cosine x, Tangent x when 0 degree < x< 90 degree values of sin x
- – cos x and tan x for x= degree 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90
- – Simple Trigonometric Identities
- – Use of Trigonometric Tables
- – Simple Cases of Heights and Distance
- – Area of Square
- – Rectangle
- – Parallelograms
- – Triangle
- – Circle
- – Area of Figures which can be Split up into Figures (field book)
- – Surface Area and Volume of Cuboids
- – Lateral Surface
- – Volume of Right Circular Cones and Cylinders
- – Surface Area and Volume of Spheres
UPSC CDS Syllabus For English Language: Sarkari Result cds syllabus
This section tests your knowledge of English grammar and vocabulary. Along with this, it also tests your sentence formation skill.
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Arrangement
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Selecting Words
- Ordering of Sentences
- Ordering of Words in a Sentence
- Fill in the blanks
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2021 For General Knowledge
The General Knowledge section of CDS Syllabus includes Current Affairs and Static GK. The General Knowledge paper includes questions on various topics as mentioned below:
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology
- Books & Authors
- Culture and Traditions
To prepare for the current affairs section, candidates will have to follow the daily current affairs. Candidates can read newspapers and several current affairs books (eg. Manorama Yearbook) to prepare for this section.
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern 2021
If you want admission to OTA then you only have to study General Knowledge and English, and Mathematics is not required. Candidates seeking admission in IMA / INA / AFA are required to study all three subjects – English, General Knowledge and Mathematics. For more clarity on this, you can check the UPSC CDS exam pattern from below:
For admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy, upsc cds sarkari result 2021 exam pattern is tabulated below:
UPSC CDS Exam Pattern for IMA/INA/AFA
|Topics||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Elementary Maths||100||2 Hours|
|General knowledge (GK)||100||2 Hours|
For admission to Officers’ Training Academy, the upsc cds sarkari result 2021 exam pattern is as under:
CDS Exam Pattern for OTA
|Topics||Maximum marks||Time Duration|
|General knowledge (GK)||100||2 Hours|
- Each question has 4 options out of which only 1 option should be marked.
- Negative marking – 1/3 of the allotted marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- More than one option marked is considered incorrect.
- If a question is left unanswered, there will be no negative marking.
UPSC CDS Syllabus 2021 – 2022: Intelligence & Personality Test
Candidates who pass the written examination will be called for SSB interview. SSB interviews include Stage I and Stage II. Candidates clearing Phase I will have to proceed to Phase II.
Stage I: This phase consists of tests based on Picture Perception (PP), Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Description Test (DT). Candidates are shortlisted based on their combined performance in the OIR Test, PP and DT.
Stage II: This phase includes interviews, psychology tests, group test officer assignments and conferences. This phase takes 4 days to finish.
Frequently Asked Questions on UPSC CDS Syllabus 2021
Below are the frequently asked questions related to the UPSC CDS 2020 syllabus:
Q1: What is the level of UPSC CDS syllabus?
Answer: The questions asked in Mathematics section will be of class 10 (Matriculation) level, while the questions for other subjects will be of graduation level .you can check on sarkari result cds syllabus.
Q2: Who determines UPSC CDS 2021 syllabus?
Answer: UPSC CDS syllabus is prescribed by UPSC.
Q3: Does the CDS syllabus change every year?
Answer: No, the CDS syllabus remains the same every year which is available on sarkari result cds syllabus.
Q4: Is there any negative marking in the exam?
Answer: Yes, 1/3 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
Q5: Who conducts the CDS exam?
Answer: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the CDS exam.
Q6: Are the subjects and syllabus the same for IMA and OTA exams?
not answer. IMA has 3 subjects while OTA has only 2 subjects.
Q7: How many times a year CDS is conducted?
Answer: CDS exam is conducted twice a year. The exam is held once in February and again in November. But this year all examinations have been postponed due to coronovirus. The CDS 2 2020 exam will be held on November 8, 2020. While the CDS 1 2021 exam will be held on February 7, 2021. The CDS notification for the February exam will be released on October 28, 2020.
Question 8: How many attempts do we have for the CDS exam?
Answer: There are no such restrictions on the number of CDS attempts.
Question 9: How is the CDS exam conducted?
Answer: The CDS exam is conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based).
With an extensive UPSC CDS syllabus, Sarkari results Era hopes you will do a great preparation ahead. Learn the topics properly and solve sufficient number of CDS practice questions. Simultaneously solve the CDS question paper. Practice will help you a lot and over time, you will soon find yourself in a position to take the exam with confidence.
You can also take the free upsc cds mock test on upsc cds sarkari result era platform to track and improve your performance. Mock test will give you the experience of the exam. This will help you to know your weaknesses and work to boost your score.
BSc 1st Year Physics Book PDF | bsc first year Physics Book notes in hindi pdf download,Download BSC 1st Year Notes in Hindi PDF , bsc first year all books pdf download bsc first year book pdf free download free bsc book download