Staff Stenographer Syllabus 2022 is released by Staff Selection Commission along with SSC Stenographer Exam Notification on its official website. SSC Stenographer Syllabus is based on SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern. Before the candidates appear for the SSC Stenographer exam, they must have a clear idea about the SSC Stenographer Syllabus on the important topics of Grade C and D so that candidates can start their preparation accordingly.
Table of Contents
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2022
SSC Steno Syllabus
Candidates can check various details regarding SSC Stenographer 2022 Notification, Exam Dates, Eligibility, etc.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2022
SSC Stenographer Exam 2022 Syllabus includes various topics from General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness and English Language & Comprehension. Candidates willing to appear in the exam must know all the topics which are covered under each subject. If you study all the topics mentioned under each subject, then you will definitely be able to score high marks in the examination. The subject wise syllabus is listed below:
SSC Stenographer 2022 Syllabus
The revised syllabus for SSC Stenographer 2022 was released by SSC in its notification. The syllabus for SSC Stenographer is different for both the stages of the exam and it is mandatory for the students to know the entire syllabus in order to prepare effectively for SSC Stenographer 2022. There are three major sections General Awareness, General Intelligence/ Reasoning and English Language. Candidate must be proficient for Paper-1 of SSC Stenographer 2022 Exam.
|English Language and Comprehension
|General Intelligence and Reasoning
|Awards and Honours
|Important Days & Dates
|Problem Solving Skills
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for General Intelligence and Reasoning
The first topic of SSC Stenographer exam is General Intelligence and Reasoning. 50 questions are asked on this topic. Both verbal and non-verbal type questions are asked from general intelligence and reasoning. The objective of this section is to test the ability of the candidates to deal with symbols, abstract ideas, arithmetical calculations and various other analytical tasks.
The topics that are included by SSC under General Intelligence & Reasoning are as follows:
- Blood Relations
- Cubes and Dice
- Decision making
- Embedded figures
- Alphabet series
- Number series
- Non-verbal series
- Number ranking
- Clocks and calendars
- Mirror images
- Arithmetic reasoning
These are the topics that candidates must be well acquainted with to score high marks in General Intelligence and Reasoning. Regular practice will help the candidates to answer the questions from this section accurately. Solving mock tests and previous year question papers will improve the performance of the candidates. There are some books which are recommended for the candidates so that they can score high marks in General Intelligence and Reasoning. They are listed below:
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by Kiran Prakashan
- Non-Verbal Reasoning by BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali
Aspirants must collect these recommended books to prepare for General Intelligence and Reasoning.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for General Awareness
The next topic of SSC Stenographer exam is General Awareness. 50 questions are asked from this topic. The objective of this section is to test the general awareness of the candidates about the environment around them. The questions in this section are designed to test the knowledge of the candidates about the current events.
The topics covered by SSC under General Awareness are as follows:
- India and its neighboring countries
- Current Events- National and International
- Geography of India
- Culture and Heritage of India
- history of India
- Indian Constitution
- Social Programs Related to India
- general politics
- science and technology
- India’s Economic Scenario
These are the topics that candidates need to study to score good marks in the General Awareness section. The recommended books and study material for the candidates to score high marks in General Awareness are listed below:
- lucent General Knowledge
- Monthly magazines such as Wizard, Chronicle or Pratiyogita Darpan
- Newspapers such as Times of India, Hindustan Times, Hindu, etc.
- Manorama Year Book or any other budget special magazine
Candidates can score well in general awareness if they study the recommended newspapers, magazines and books.
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for English Language & Comprehension
The next topic of SSC Stenographer exam is English Language & Comprehension. 100 questions are asked from this topic. The objective of this section is to test the aspirants’ understanding of the English language which includes grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, antonyms, synonyms, writing ability and correct usage of the language.
The topics covered by SSC under English Language and Comprehension are as follows:
- comprehension passage
- synonyms antonyms
- active and passive voice
- direct and indirect speech
- fill in the blank
- word difference
- detect misspelled words
These are subjects that candidates must study and practice to score well in English language and comprehension. The recommended books for the candidates so that they can score well in English language and comprehension are listed below:
- English Grammar by Wren & Martin
- Essential English Grammar by Raymond Murphy
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by Dr. RS Aggarwal and Mr. Vikas Agarwal
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
These books will help the candidates to prepare well for English language and comprehension. Candidates can score well in SSC Stenographer Exam with right amount of preparation. Candidates must solve mock tests and previous year question papers along with studying the recommended books. They should make a time-table and give time to all the three subjects. Regular practice will help the candidates to perform better on the exam day.
SSC Steno Tier II
SSC Stenographer Syllabus for Skill Test: Tier II
Only qualified candidates of SSC Stenographer CBT Test will be able to appear for Shorthand Skill Test. A fraction of 800 words and 1000 words will be awarded to the candidates for Grade D and Grade C respectively. To know more about the important topics of SSC Stenographer Skill Test, go through the following material:
- The speech was given in the Parliament
- Budget Speech
- Employment/Unemployment in India
- Topics on Science and Technology
- Topics are given in the Editorial Columns of Newspapers
- President’s Speech
- Railway Speech
- Topics of National interest
- Topics on Natural Calamities
- Work and Time Question
- SSC CGL Books PDF and Notes Question Papers in PDF Download 2023
- List of Tennis Grand Slam
- Ratio and Proportion Questions
- Exercise Simple Present Tense
- Simple Present Tense Formula, Structure, Rules, Examples Download PDF Free
- 100 Worksheet Simple Present Tense Affirmative, Negative, Interrogative Sentence
- Uppsc RO ARO Polity in Hindi
- General Science mcq for Competitive Exam
- MCQs of Physical Development of child
- Patna High Court Computer Operator Recruitment Result 2022
- UPSC One Time Registration OTR Online Form
- RBSE Rajasthan Board 10th Result 2022
- CCSU Result 2022 : डिजीलॉकर में अपलोड हुईं 15 लाख मार्कशीट, जल्द ही डिग्रियां भी कर सकेंगे एक्सेस
- NTSE Stage II 2021 Result : इस दिन देख सकेंगे स्कोरकार्ड , आ गई रिजल्ट की तारीख
- UGC NET Result 2022 इंतजार खतम आ गया NTA UGC रिजल्ट
- CTET RESULT 2022 : खुशी की खबर आ गया रिजल्ट , पेपर 1 में 4,45,467 और पेपर 2 में 2,20,069 उम्मीदवार हुए पास
- UPTET RESULT 2021 : युपीटीईटी रिजल्ट घोषित ऐसे करें चेक बडी खबर
- CCC Result 2022 (Out): Download Scorecard
- SSC CPO Admit Card 2022 Delhi Police CAPF Paper II Exam Date | Admit Card of SSC CPO
- JIPMER Nursing Officer Recruitment Admit Card 2022
- ICAR IARI Technician T – 1 Exam Admit Card 2022
- UPPSC PCS Admit Card 2022 Mains Exam Date Hall Ticket
- UPPSC Technical Education Service Teacher Admit Card
- DSSSB Admit Card Various Post | DSSSB TGT Admit Card 2022 Trained Graduate Teacher Exam Date
- Bihar Board Matric Exam 2022 : उत्तर पुस्तिका पर रहेगी परीक्षार्थी की तस्वीर , प्रवेशपत्र खो जाने पर आधार व पैन कार्ड से केंद्र में मिलेगा प्रवेश,
- RVUNL Technical Helper III Admit Card 2022 Check JVVNL Exam Date
- UP Police Radio Operator Admit Card 2022 Exam Date | Hall Ticket
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2022
The question paper of SSC Stenographer Exam 2022 will be of 200 marks. The exam pattern can be understood from the following table:
|Mode of examination
|Online (Computer-based test)
|Type of questions
|Multiple-choice Objective type questions
|Number of sections
|Number of Questions
|Yes. 0.25 marks is deducted for every wrong answer
A total of 200 marks of the question paper are divided between General Intelligence & Reasoning, General Awareness and English Language & Comprehension. Candidates will be awarded 1 mark for each correct answer. The subject wise division of marks can be understood from the following table:
|General Intelligence & Reasoning
|English Language & Comprehension
Candidates who qualify the written test will be called for SSC Stenographer Skill Test for final selection. In the skill test, there will be ten minutes of typing dictation on computer at the speed of 100 words per minute for Grade C candidates and 80 words per minute for Grade D candidates. SSC Stenographer Final Result will be released only after this exam result.
Frequently Asked Questions SSC Stenographer Syllabus 2022
Question. How many stages are there in SSC Stenographer Exam?
Answer, SSC Stenographer exam process consists of two stages.
Question. Is there any negative marking in SSC Stenographer exam?
Answer. Yes, there is negative marking of -0.25 marks for wrong answer.
Question. How many sections are there in SSC Stenographer CBT Test?
Answer. There are three sections in SSC Stenographer Prelims.
Question. How many questions are there in SSC Stenographer CBT Exam?
Answer. SSC Stenographer CBT Exam consists of 200 questions.