10 lines on raksha bandhan
1. Raksha Bandhan is one of the famous festivals celebrated in India.
2. It is a Hindu festival celebrated on the full moon day of Shravan month.
3. Poornima (full moon day) is the last day of the month of Shravan which falls in the month of August.
4. Raksha Bandhan is a festival of love, affection, care and bond between brothers and sisters.
5. On this special day sisters prepare the puja thali which includes Rakhi, Kumkum, Rice, Diya and sweets.
6. Sisters tie rakhi on the wrists of brothers and apply ‘roli chawal’ (rice) on their foreheads.
7. Then she prays for the well being of her brother.
8. On Raksha Bandhan, brothers take a pledge to protect their sister for life.
9. After this brother give some gift to his sister.
10. This festival strengthens the bond of love, affection and care between brothers and sisters.
set – 2
10 lines on raksha bandhan festival
1. In the word Raksha Bandhan, Raksha means to protect and Bandhan means bond.
2. Thus Raksha Bandhan is a festival of bond of protection, love, affection and care between brother and sister.
3. This festival promotes unity and harmony in the family as well as in the society.
4. On this occasion, the shops of the market are adorned with beautiful Rakhi and delicious sweets.
5. On this day sisters tie rakhi on brother’s wrist and brothers take a pledge to protect their sister.
6. Brothers also present gifts to their sister and they pray to God for each other’s well being.
7. This festival gives a sense of duty of brother and sister towards each other.
8. This festival is a very famous festival of Hindus, which is celebrated by people of other religions by breaking the bond of religion.
9. Thus Raksha Bandhan is a secular, multicultural Hindu festival celebrated across the world.
10. The importance of this festival can also be seen in the scriptures and epics. Rulers like Sikandar and Humayun also celebrated Raksha Bandhan.
raksha bandhan, 10 lines of raksha bandhan, 10 lines on raksha bandhan festival, essay on raksha bandhan, raksha bandhan essay