Today Daily Current Affairs and GK 28 June 2022 Soon
Today Daily Current Affairs and GK 27 June 2022 Available Now
Today Daily Current Affairs and GK 27 June 2022 Subject: Reports and Indexes/Rankings
1. World Vision India and Poverty Learning Foundation published the India Child Well-Being Report 2021.
- The India Child Well-Being Report 2021 has ranked states on child welfare by considering various factors such as health, sanitation, safety and schooling.
- According to the India Child Well-Being Report 2021, Kerala tops all states while Meghalaya ranks last.
- Uttarakhand (0.77), Punjab (0.76), Himachal Pradesh (0.73) and Sikkim (0.72) are ranked second, third and fourth respectively.
- Bihar (0.02), Tripura (0.14), Uttar Pradesh (0.177) and Odisha (0.179) are among the lowest states in the list.
- Kasaragod, Kanyakumari, Wayanad, Pathanamthitta and Kannur are the top five performing districts.
- Mizoram, Kerala and Uttarakhand have performed well in the health sector.
- In the report, the overall score of the states has been calculated on the basis of health, sanitation, safety and school education parameters.
Subject: National News
2. The Defense Ministry has approved setting up of ‘BRO Cafes’ at 75 locations.
- ‘Border Road Organization (BRO) Cafes’ will be set up at 75 locations in 12 states.
- The cafes will provide basic amenities and comfort to the tourists. It will boost economic activities in the border areas.
- This will also help in creating employment for the local people. It will provide roadside facilities in public-private partnership mode on license basis.
- The licensees will be selected through a competitive process. This will also increase the number of tourists visiting the sightseeing places.
Subject: Important Days
3. International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking: 26 June
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, or World Drug Day, is observed every year on 26 June.
- It is celebrated to raise awareness about drug abuse and illegal drug trade.
- The General Assembly decided in 1987 to observe 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) produces the World Drug Report every year on the current state of the drug problem.
- On this occasion, Karnataka Police will destroy various psychotropic and narcotic substances worth more than Rs 25.6 crore.
4. Kerala government will launch MEDISEP scheme for government employees.
- Kerala government will launch MEDISEP scheme from 1st July 2022 to provide insurance cover to state government employees, pensioners and their eligible family members.
- It will provide cashless medical insurance cover of 3 lakhs per annum. The annual premium will be Rs 4,800 plus 18% GST.
- Under this scheme, the premium will be paid by the government in advance on behalf of the employees and pensioners and later it will be deducted from the salary or pension of the employees.
- The scheme is also available to employees of universities and local self-government institutions.
- The Medisp plan will be implemented through Oriental Insurance Company. About 30 lakh people will benefit from this.