Today Daily Current Affairs and GK 27 June 2022 Available Now
Today Daily Current Affairs and GK 27 June 2022 Subject: Reports and Indexes/Rankings
1. World Vision India and Poverty Learning Foundation published the India Child Well-Being Report 2021.
- The India Child Well-Being Report 2021 has ranked states on child welfare by considering various factors such as health, sanitation, safety and schooling.
- According to the India Child Well-Being Report 2021, Kerala tops all states while Meghalaya ranks last.
- Uttarakhand (0.77), Punjab (0.76), Himachal Pradesh (0.73) and Sikkim (0.72) are ranked second, third and fourth respectively.
- Bihar (0.02), Tripura (0.14), Uttar Pradesh (0.177) and Odisha (0.179) are among the lowest states in the list.
- Kasaragod, Kanyakumari, Wayanad, Pathanamthitta and Kannur are the top five performing districts.
- Mizoram, Kerala and Uttarakhand have performed well in the health sector.
- In the report, the overall score of the states has been calculated on the basis of health, sanitation, safety and school education parameters.
Subject: National News
2. The Defense Ministry has approved setting up of ‘BRO Cafes’ at 75 locations.
- ‘Border Road Organization (BRO) Cafes’ will be set up at 75 locations in 12 states.
- The cafes will provide basic amenities and comfort to the tourists. It will boost economic activities in the border areas.
- This will also help in creating employment for the local people. It will provide roadside facilities in public-private partnership mode on license basis.
- The licensees will be selected through a competitive process. This will also increase the number of tourists visiting the sightseeing places.
Subject: Important Days
3. International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking: 26 June
- The International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking, or World Drug Day, is observed every year on 26 June.
- It is celebrated to raise awareness about drug abuse and illegal drug trade.
- The General Assembly decided in 1987 to observe 26 June as the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
- The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) produces the World Drug Report every year on the current state of the drug problem.
- On this occasion, Karnataka Police will destroy various psychotropic and narcotic substances worth more than Rs 25.6 crore.
4. Kerala government will launch MEDISEP scheme for government employees.
- Kerala government will launch MEDISEP scheme from 1st July 2022 to provide insurance cover to state government employees, pensioners and their eligible family members.
- It will provide cashless medical insurance cover of 3 lakhs per annum. The annual premium will be Rs 4,800 plus 18% GST.
- Under this scheme, the premium will be paid by the government in advance on behalf of the employees and pensioners and later it will be deducted from the salary or pension of the employees.
- The scheme is also available to employees of universities and local self-government institutions.
- The Medisp plan will be implemented through Oriental Insurance Company. About 30 lakh people will benefit from this.
International and Indian Daily Current Affairs and GK 24 June 2022
1. South Korea successfully launched its first satellite with an indigenously built rocket.
- South Korea has successfully launched a satellite with the help of the first indigenously developed Nuri rocket.
- South Korea has become the 10th country to put a satellite into orbit with its technology.
- The Korean Satellite Launch Vehicle II, known as Nuri, took off from the Naro Space Center on June 21.
- The three-stage rocket placed the satellite at target altitude and transmitted signals about its position on Earth.
- This is the second launch of South Korea’s Nuri rocket. In October 2021, Nuri reached the desired altitude, but could not put the satellite into orbit.
- In 2013, South Korea successfully launched its first satellite from its soil with the help of a Russian rocket.
Subject: India and its NeighborhoodsIndian Army GK Quiz in Hindi Click here
2. Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav flagged off Bharat Gaurav tourist train for Nepal from Safdarjung station.
- Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train will connect India and Nepal and complete Shri Ramayana Yatra in 18 days.
- It will cover the locations of Ramayana Circuit and will travel around 8,000 kms.
- It will pass through Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train has been launched to showcase the rich cultural, spiritual and historical heritage of India.
- The exterior of the coaches of these trains is designed as a kaleidoscope of “Bharat Gaurav” or “Pride of India”.
- IRCTC is the first Indian agency to connect India and Nepal through a tourist train.
- The Ramayana Circuit is one of the fifteen thematic circuits identified for development under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
Subject: Important Days
3. International Olympic Day 2022: 23 June
- International Olympic Day is celebrated every year on 23 June.
- It is celebrated to spread awareness about the benefits of playing sports.
- Dr. Grass proposed the idea of World Olympic Day in 1948 at the 41st session of the International Olympic Committee. The first
- International Olympic Day was celebrated in 1948.
- ‘Together for a Peaceful World’ is the theme of this year’s International Olympic Day.
- The Olympic Games are held every four years. It is one of the oldest sporting events in the world.
Subject: Reports and Indexes
4. India is the fourth largest recycler of gold: World Gold Council (WGC) report.
- India recycled 75 tonnes of gold in 2021. According to the WGC report ‘Gold Refining and Recycling’, China is the largest gold recycler
- in the world.
- China recycled 168 tonnes of gold. Italy is followed by China, which ranks second with 80 tonnes of gold recycled.
- The US ranks third with 78 tonnes of gold recycled in 2021.
- According to the report, India’s gold refining capacity increased by 1,500 tonnes (500%) in 2021 from 300 tonnes in 2013.
- According to the report, the scale of formal refining of gold has increased and the scale of unorganized refining has fallen.
- The report said that the share of gold dore in total imports has increased from 7% in 2013 to around 22% in 2021.
- The report also states that India recycles about 8% of the global scrap supply of gold.