Daily UPSC Prelims Current Affairs 24 June 2022 [Mock Test]
- India has 2+2 ministerial dialogue with four strategic partners.
- Inter-Ministerial Coordination Group (IMCG) has been setup as a high-level mechanism towards mainstreaming of India’s ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy.
- IMCG is supported by Inter-Ministerial Joint Task Forces (JTF).
Which of the statements given above are correct?
Answer : D
- Sri Siddalinga Swami – Justice Day
- B R Ambedkar – Equality Day
- Swami Vivekananda – Youth Day
Which of the pairs given above are matched correctly?
- Ectomycorrhizal fungi do not penetrate the root cells whereas arbuscular fungi penetrate the root cells of host plants.
- Ectomycorrhizal fungi are involved in phytoremediation where arbuscular fungi are not involved in phytoremediation.
- Ectomycorrhizal fungi are extracellular while arbuscular are intracellular.
Choose the correct answer using the codes given below:
- The 2+2 dialogue is a format of meeting of the foreign and defence ministers of India and its allies on strategic and security issues. India has 2+2 dialogues with four key strategic partners: the US, Australia, Japan, and Russia. The US is India’s oldest and most important 2+2 talks partner.
- The first meeting of the Inter-Ministerial Coordination Group (IMCG) at Secretary level was convened by Foreign Secretary Shri Harsh Vardhan Shringla in April 2022. The IMCG has been setup as a high-level mechanism towards mainstreaming of India’s ‘Neighbourhood First’ policy, in line with vision of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The IMCG is supported by Inter-Ministerial Joint Task Forces (JTF) convened by the concerned Joint Secretaries in the Ministry of External Affairs.
- Karnataka’s Chief Minister Basavaraj Bommai announced that the birth anniversary of Sri Siddalinga Swami of Tontadarya Mutt in Gadag will be celebrated as ‘Integration Day’.
- Tamil Nadu’s Chief Minister MK Stalin announced that the birth anniversary of BR Ambedkar (April 14) will be commemorated as ‘Samathuva Naal’ (Equality Day).
- National Youth Day, also known as Vivekananda Jayanti, is celebrated on 12 January, being the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. In 1984 the Government of India declared this day as National Youth Day and since 1985 the event is celebrated in India every year.
- Ectomycorrhizal fungi are a type of mycorrhizal fungi that ensheath the root cells of the host plants but usually do not penetrate the root cells. These fungi are extracellular in nature. These are found throughout boreal, temperate, and tropical ecosystems. Ectomycorrhizal fungi are very specific in nature when selecting their hosts. Furthermore, ectomycorrhiza fungi have been found to play beneficial roles in polluted environments. Therefore, they are involved in phytoremediation.
- Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi are a type of endomycorrhizal fungi. These fungi penetrate and enter the root cells of host plants. They are also intracellular. Arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi are typically a type of mycorrhizal fungi that survive through scavenging nutrients released by saprotrophic microbes. Furthermore, arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi also can be used for the purpose of phytoremediation.
Category: Daily Current Affairs Test For UPSC Prelims Examination 2023
Tags: Upsc Prelims Test Series 2023
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Daily UPSC Prelims Current Affairs 24 June 2022 Mock Test
This website does not hold the ownership rights of any pdf available. This saree pdf is already available on the internet, whose only link we are sharing, which is only available for education purpose. It cannot be used for any kind of commercial.
If anyone has any objection to this link then email us, we will immediately delete this link.