Daily Current Affairs and GK 25 June 2022
1. Indian Oil and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas developed an indoor solar cooking system ‘Surya Nutan’.
- Indoor solar cooking system ‘Surya Nutan’ collects solar energy and converts it into heat energy with the help of specially designed heating element.
- The system has been installed at 60 locations for testing. It is a stable, rechargeable and always connected indoor solar cooking system to the kitchen.
- It can operate in hybrid mode and use solar and an auxiliary power source simultaneously. It can work in all weathers.
- The ‘Surya Nutan’ cooktop can be used even when the sun is not visible for several days.
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOC): It is a Maharatna PSU which was formed in 1959. It is owned by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Subject: National Appointments
2. Dinkar Gupta has been appointed as the Director General of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the appointment of Dinkar Gupta as the Director General of the National Investigation Agency (NIA).
- He is currently serving as the Special Director in the Intelligence Bureau. He has been appointed till 31 March 2024.
- He will take over from Kuldeep Singh, who was given additional charge of NIA in May 2021.
- Swgar Das has been appointed as Special Secretary (Internal Security) in the Ministry of Home Affairs.
National Investigation Agency (NIA):
- It is a central agency that investigates terrorism related cases across the country.
- It was formed in 2008 under the provision of NIA Act, 2008.
- Its headquarter is located in New Delhi.
Subject: Banking System
3. RBI issued draft guidelines for banks and NBFCs to outsource IT services.
- As per RBI’s draft on outsourcing of information technology (IT) services, outsourcing of IT-enabled services to regulatory entities (REs) will not require prior approval from the central bank.
- Banks, payments banks, co-operative banks, credit information companies, NBFCs and other regulated entities will have to put in place a comprehensive board-approved IT outsourcing policy.
- RBI has also proposed to set up a robust grievance redressal mechanism for redressal of customer complaints relating to outsourced services.
- As per the draft, the risk management framework for outsourcing IT services will have to deal with identification, measurement, mitigation/management and reporting of risks associated with outsourcing.
- In addition to norms relating to the use of cloud computing services and outsourcing of security operations centers (SoCs), the draft also specifies the role of the board and senior management.
- RBI has sought suggestions from stakeholders on this draft by July 22.
Subject: International News
4. The European Union granted Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia candidate status for membership.
- The European Parliament voted in favor of a proposal to grant candidate status to Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia.
- 529 votes were cast in support of the motion and 45 in opposition, while 14 members did not participate in the voting.
- Ukraine, Moldova and Georgia will have to undertake a number of political and economic reforms to join the European Union.
- The European Council, consisting of the heads of all 27 EU governments, will eventually vote on Ukraine’s membership.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Daily Current Affairs and GK 25 June 2022
This website does not hold the ownership rights of any pdf available. This saree pdf is already available on the internet, whose only link we are sharing, which is only available for education purpose. It cannot be used for any kind of commercial.
If anyone has any objection to this link then email us, we will immediately delete this link.