International and Indian Daily Current Affairs and GK 24 June 2022
1. South Korea successfully launched its first satellite with an indigenously built rocket.
- South Korea has successfully launched a satellite with the help of the first indigenously developed Nuri rocket.
- South Korea has become the 10th country to put a satellite into orbit with its technology.
- The Korean Satellite Launch Vehicle II, known as Nuri, took off from the Naro Space Center on June 21.
- The three-stage rocket placed the satellite at target altitude and transmitted signals about its position on Earth.
- This is the second launch of South Korea’s Nuri rocket. In October 2021, Nuri reached the desired altitude, but could not put the satellite into orbit.
- In 2013, South Korea successfully launched its first satellite from its soil with the help of a Russian rocket.
Subject: India and its NeighborhoodsIndian Army GK Quiz in Hindi Click here
2. Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav flagged off Bharat Gaurav tourist train for Nepal from Safdarjung station.
- Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train will connect India and Nepal and complete Shri Ramayana Yatra in 18 days.
- It will cover the locations of Ramayana Circuit and will travel around 8,000 kms.
- It will pass through Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train has been launched to showcase the rich cultural, spiritual and historical heritage of India.
- The exterior of the coaches of these trains is designed as a kaleidoscope of “Bharat Gaurav” or “Pride of India”.
- IRCTC is the first Indian agency to connect India and Nepal through a tourist train.
- The Ramayana Circuit is one of the fifteen thematic circuits identified for development under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
Subject: Important Days
3. International Olympic Day 2022: 23 June
- International Olympic Day is celebrated every year on 23 June.
- It is celebrated to spread awareness about the benefits of playing sports.
- Dr. Grass proposed the idea of World Olympic Day in 1948 at the 41st session of the International Olympic Committee. The first
- International Olympic Day was celebrated in 1948.
- ‘Together for a Peaceful World’ is the theme of this year’s International Olympic Day.
- The Olympic Games are held every four years. It is one of the oldest sporting events in the world.
Subject: Reports and Indexes
4. India is the fourth largest recycler of gold: World Gold Council (WGC) report.
- India recycled 75 tonnes of gold in 2021. According to the WGC report ‘Gold Refining and Recycling’, China is the largest gold recycler
- in the world.
- China recycled 168 tonnes of gold. Italy is followed by China, which ranks second with 80 tonnes of gold recycled.
- The US ranks third with 78 tonnes of gold recycled in 2021.
- According to the report, India’s gold refining capacity increased by 1,500 tonnes (500%) in 2021 from 300 tonnes in 2013.
- According to the report, the scale of formal refining of gold has increased and the scale of unorganized refining has fallen.
- The report said that the share of gold dore in total imports has increased from 7% in 2013 to around 22% in 2021.
- The report also states that India recycles about 8% of the global scrap supply of gold.