International and Indian Daily Current Affairs and GK 24 June 2022
1. South Korea successfully launched its first satellite with an indigenously built rocket.
- South Korea has successfully launched a satellite with the help of the first indigenously developed Nuri rocket.
- South Korea has become the 10th country to put a satellite into orbit with its technology.
- The Korean Satellite Launch Vehicle II, known as Nuri, took off from the Naro Space Center on June 21.
- The three-stage rocket placed the satellite at target altitude and transmitted signals about its position on Earth.
- This is the second launch of South Korea’s Nuri rocket. In October 2021, Nuri reached the desired altitude, but could not put the satellite into orbit.
- In 2013, South Korea successfully launched its first satellite from its soil with the help of a Russian rocket.
Subject: India and its NeighborhoodsIndian Army GK Quiz in Hindi Click here
2. Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnav flagged off Bharat Gaurav tourist train for Nepal from Safdarjung station.
- Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train will connect India and Nepal and complete Shri Ramayana Yatra in 18 days.
- It will cover the locations of Ramayana Circuit and will travel around 8,000 kms.
- It will pass through Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
- Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train has been launched to showcase the rich cultural, spiritual and historical heritage of India.
- The exterior of the coaches of these trains is designed as a kaleidoscope of “Bharat Gaurav” or “Pride of India”.
- IRCTC is the first Indian agency to connect India and Nepal through a tourist train.
- The Ramayana Circuit is one of the fifteen thematic circuits identified for development under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
Subject: Important Days
3. International Olympic Day 2022: 23 June
- International Olympic Day is celebrated every year on 23 June.
- It is celebrated to spread awareness about the benefits of playing sports.
- Dr. Grass proposed the idea of World Olympic Day in 1948 at the 41st session of the International Olympic Committee. The first
- International Olympic Day was celebrated in 1948.
- ‘Together for a Peaceful World’ is the theme of this year’s International Olympic Day.
- The Olympic Games are held every four years. It is one of the oldest sporting events in the world.
Subject: Reports and Indexes
4. India is the fourth largest recycler of gold: World Gold Council (WGC) report.
- India recycled 75 tonnes of gold in 2021. According to the WGC report ‘Gold Refining and Recycling’, China is the largest gold recycler
- in the world.
- China recycled 168 tonnes of gold. Italy is followed by China, which ranks second with 80 tonnes of gold recycled.
- The US ranks third with 78 tonnes of gold recycled in 2021.
- According to the report, India’s gold refining capacity increased by 1,500 tonnes (500%) in 2021 from 300 tonnes in 2013.
- According to the report, the scale of formal refining of gold has increased and the scale of unorganized refining has fallen.
- The report said that the share of gold dore in total imports has increased from 7% in 2013 to around 22% in 2021.
- The report also states that India recycles about 8% of the global scrap supply of gold.
The information contained in this post is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Daily Current Affairs and GK 24 June 2022
This website does not hold the ownership rights of any pdf available. This saree pdf is already available on the internet, whose only link we are sharing, which is only available for education purpose. It cannot be used for any kind of commercial.
If anyone has any objection to this link then email us, we will immediately delete this link.